Saturday 18 April 2015

My Rain Showers...


I still remember that day,
It was a bright dawn
The light rain shower
Was at interval
Into broken pauses,
Renewed gusts of wind
amaze it from  first silence.
I take up my guitar.
Casually I touch the strings,
 Till, without my knowing,
The music borrows the mad
Rhythm of that storm
I see her figure as she steals
 from her work, stops at my door,
and retreats with hesitating steps.
She comes again, stands outside,
Leaning against the wall,
Then slowly enters the room
 and sits down.
With head bent,
she plies her needle in silence;
but soon stops her work,
and looks out of the window;
 Through the rain at the
blurred line of trees.
Only this - one hour of a rainy noon
filled with love, emotions,
memories, shadows;
songs and silence.
BY
WILLIAMSJI MAVELI

No comments:

Post a Comment